Invitation to a planning meeting on Thursday 17 October 2013 from 7pm to 9pm in Central London
(Refreshments will be provided)
We are writing to invite you to a meeting to discuss the implications of a possible Narendra Modi-led BJP victory in India in the coming national elections and to share and exchange views to initiate a campaign in the UK on this issue.
The possible aims of the campaign could be to:
• Developing greater awareness among younger people in the UK about the dangers of Hindutva fascism using traditional and social media approaches
• Exposing the myth of good and successful governance in Gujarat under Modi’s leadership
• Develop legal strategies to prevent Narendra Modi and other Hindutva leaders implicated in gross human rights violations from
travelling to the UK or Europe
• Challenging the attempts by many UK politicians and the media to
present Narendra Modi as a responsible and successful statesman
• Developing and sustaining a social media strategy to challenge Hindutva forces and ideology in the UK and internationally
• Monitoring the activities of Hindutva organisations, including their political and fundraising political campaigns in the UK and their channelling of funds to Hindutva projects in India
We welcome your ideas, imagination and skills regarding any of these issues, including any practical suggestions to develop the campaign.
We would be grateful if you could confirm your attendance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10 October 2013. If you already confirmed your attendance and received an email from us, you will be sent the venue and agenda a week before
Gautam Appa, Chetan Bhatt & Suresh Grover